Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Best Loved Day Starters

Every morning from Monday through Friday Zed heads off at 7AM to work, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays, for a reason I cannot remember, I scheduled myself in for an 8AM Macroeconomics lecture. There are a few choice indulgences we feel are necessary to start these mornings off, and here they are:

When it comes to Zed, he needs one thing in the morning - a latte. For convenience sake, he often ends up at the Second Cup in Oliver Square, where a latte is in process as soon as he walks through the door. Not only do they carry (in Zed's words) a "ginormous latte," but Second Cup always seems to have a well stocked supply of soft, jumbo sized Ginger Snap cookies, and one of these means happy snacking for the rest of the day.

In my case, the trek to and from class is peppered with several cafes that are either on my route or just a few blocks away. If I am fortunate to wake up and get ready early enough, a Chai awaits me at Leva (they open at 7AM). Today though, I slipped into class with only a couple minutes to spare and no hot drink to sip as I listened to the professor speak of productivity and economic growth. So afterwards I decided to make my way over to Sugarbowl to get one of their giant cinnamon buns to go. I got there early enough that they were still warm (I suppose this is one of the perks of being up so early), and carried it home.

A Sugarbowl Cinnamon Bun

Half of the cinnamon filled goodness went to me to enjoy as I dove into my textbook, and the other half is neatly wrapped and safely tucked away on a high shelf for Zed to eat this evening.

Although all of these stops are open during the evening (often late into it), we are both very glad they open their doors in the morning to help start our days off right.

No comments: