Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ein Prosit! Oktoberfest at Next Act

On Tuesday I met up with some friends at Next Act for their September edition of Cask Night. This month the cask held Alley Kat's Ein Prosit! Oktoberfest - a fruity, malty beer that's perfect for fall. It was so lovely we even went over to Alley Kat this evening for the official launch of the brew and picked up a six pack. (The Red Dragon Double IPA was also released today. Unlike the above brew, this IPA is incredibly hoppy.)


Besides the beer, Next Act was featuring a slightly strange burger that I couldn't resist - a peanut butter and bacon jam burger. Not surprisingly, the combo was incredibly rich, though it was tasty. Smooth peanut butter covered the bottom half of the bun, while jam and lots of garlic covered the top half. I was a fan at first bite, and I think Brenna was too.



All in all, another excellent cask night in Edmonton.

3 comments:

Courtenay said...

I was at the Alley Kat launch party last night and I loved the Oktoberfest beer! I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying some of those this fall.

Marianne said...

Definitely looking forward to the same!

iamhunger said...

Hello fellow foodies I have found a really nice site that has all cooking recipes on video check it out http://www.iamhunger.com